Welcome to the website of the Biological Sciences Department of the "Luiz de Queiroz" School of Agriculture!
Our Department was established on December 1, 1998, during the departmental reform process of the University of São Paulo; Known by the acronym LCB is the result of the merger of the Department of Botany with the Department of Chemistry of the then Department of Chemistry.
Currently the coordination of the Undergraduate Course in Biological Sciences is carried out by professor of this Department. However, our participation in undergraduate teaching activities is directed to all other courses of this School, attending an approximate contingent of 1,100 undergraduate students per year.
In the Graduate School, we hosted the Graduate Program in Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, considered as "Level 5" by CAPES, an organ of the Ministry of Education.
We seek to educate and train, offering a variety of opportunities for the student to participate in internships in our laboratories, allowing a broad knowledge of laboratory and field practice. We also offer other opportunities for participation in university extension activities (environmental adaptation of rural properties, restoration of riparian forests, taxonomic and anatomical identification of plants, projects to assist rural producers in micropropagation of plants, training of laboratory technicians, program of monitored visits and many other activities).
In research, we aim to develop activities in the areas of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Plant Ecology and Vertebrate Zoology. For further information on the research lines lines developed here.
Enjoy browsing! We hope your visit will be fruitful! Our team will be available for other information as needed.
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Scherer de Moura - Head of Department
- Profa. Dra. Beatriz Appezzato da Glória - Vice Head of Department
- Lígia Cristina Coral - Secretary
Members of the LCB in ESALQ Commissions
Culture and University Extension
- Profa. Dra. Maria do Carmo Bittencourt de Oliveira (holder)
- Prof. Dr. Flávio Bertin Gandara Mendes (substitute)
- Prof. Dr. Fábio Tebaldi Silveira Nogueira (holder)
- Prof. Dr. Lindolpho Capellari Júnior (substitute)
- Profa. Dra. Maria do Carmo Bittencourt-Oliveira (holder)
- Profa. Dra. Helaine Carrer (substitute)
- Prof. Dr. Ricardo Alfredo Kluge (holder)
- Prof. Dr. Fábio Tebaldi Silveira Nogueira (substitute)
"Ética Ambiental na Pesquisa"
- Prof. Dr. Fábio Tebaldi Silveira Nogueira (president)